27 October, 2007

Emergency Planning

If you don't already have your own 72-Hr kid, here are some suggestions. I took a quick inventory of our 72- Hour kit and thought I would post the items we had that totally came in handy for us during the fires. Some of the items were totally lifesavers and I was sooooooooo thankful I had taken the time to prepare. Some things I would add or do differently is have more water and grab a stove with ample propane, maybe even have a tent and some sleeping bags ready to go, and I would definitely have clothes ready to go in the tote, this is one of those big old totes you can buy at Target/ Wal- Mart.


Food

Water Bottle (6)
Raisins
Spaghetti (2, 2 lbs together)
Canned Soup (10)
Pretzel Bags (3)
Mac & Cheese (10 servings)
Oatmeal (20)
Cereal Bars (6)
Instant Soup (10)
Halls
Peanut Butter
Pedialyte
Corn
Canned Chicken
72 Hr. MRE food (For 1 Person)

Other
Masks (4)
JR Airborne
Pads/ Tampons
Thermometer
Soap
Wash Cloth
2 Lg. Ziploc Containers
Silverware
Wipes (80)
TP
Plastic Cups
Dish Soap
Laundry Detergent
Can Opener
Chapstick
Sew Kit
50 Latex Gloves
4 C Batteries
8 AA Batteries
Trash Bags
Gas Lighter
Freezer Bags
Aluminum Foil
3 Ponchos
3 Emergency Blankets
Disinfectant Wipes
Paper Plates
Pot for boiling water
Excedrine
Matches
Comb
Phone Numbers
$100 Cash
TV/ Radio
Games and coloring activities for the kids
Vitamin drinks for the kids
Children’s Tylenol

2 comments:

Heidi Kjar said...

Michelle, since the fires I have been really thinking about our food storage and 72 hr kits, etc. I am glad you put this list up. I am going to look over it this week and see what we need to buy. Thanks
for your advice. Love ya girl-hope you are doing okay.

Unknown said...

By the way...Thank you SO much for reminding me! I have been on a HUGE 72 hour/Food storage kick! Partly because of this post, I now have my 72 hour kits ready to go and now have a pretty good stash for my food storage! I even have my rotating schedule down! You are awesome. I have even given this list to my whole fam INSISTING that they get theirs!