17 December, 2007

Gingerbread- Graham Cracker House





We finally made our houses. We have been wanting to do them for a very long time and finally were able to on Saturday. I won the family graham cracker house contest, thank you very much. Jared constructed the bases of the homes while we all added our own designs after that. We had a lot of fun. In one of the pics you can see Jared "blow-drying" the houses. The frosting was too thin and not drying fast enough so this helped out a ton. Hayden ate way more candy than was used on the houses, all of them combined. I don't know if you can tell, but when we took pictures of the finished product I told everyone to get in front of the house they made, in one picture Hayden is in front of his, then ever so sneakily, he switched his with Jared's.
We put them up on our Entertainment center and Hayden climbed up there the other day and got one down and ate a bunch of it, "...ain't no mountain high enough..." for that kid! We had fun though.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Love it! We did that a couple of years ago. So fun. This year we made candy trains with Namma and we have yet to make our huge one. (Store-bought kit of course)

Heidi Kjar said...

That's a fun tradition. By the way,
your christmas card was so neat. Did you make it? Impressive. I liked the message about Christ in there too. You inspired me to have mine focus more on Christ next year.

Johnson said...

Thanks Heid, Jared actually wrote it, originally he didn't have anything in there about Christ and I asked him to add something, so that is what he wrote. I will pass it onto him! THX

Shel said...

These houses are soooo awesome! We are losers and can only do the store bought one! We need to come to your house and do them homemade like these! You are my hero! XOXOX Smooch!

Jenn said...

Your Christmas Card is sooo cute! I love your smile in the gingerbread house picture..... reminds me of late nights at college. =)

Anna said...

I found you!! I forgot how much I absolutly miss you guys!! Thanks for the Christmas card! You guys have the CUTEST boys!! I can't believe how adorable they are! Thanks for keeping in touch!! Merry Christmas! Now that we both have blogs, we can keep in touch a little better!! You're the best!

Johnson said...

Anna, what is your blog address??? I can't find your e-mail anywhere and would love to see your blog.

Belle said...

so these are the yummy houses you were munchin on when we spoke. :) yum! kelly jo and i made a halloween gingerbread house on halloween this year. i was impressed with how our spooky house turned out. that's always a fun task!
much love-