16 February, 2008

Hayden and Carson Meeting Snow

So, we enjoyed a fun day in the snow today. We had such a great time. Hayden and Carson have never before been in snow, and we were sick of just watching the view of the snow and decided to go and enjoy it hands on. On the way there, we passed snow along side the road and Hayden kept asking us to pull over so he could feel it. We assured him he would do enough feeling it throughout the day. Carson was not a fan, it didn't help he refused to put on his gloves. He didn't want to have much to do with it, especially after he and I face-planted on the sled. Hayden's favorite thing was making a snow man. We played tackle daddy and had a real Johnson "snow-ball fight." We had a great time. Here are some pics.

I took this picture after a recent storm we had last week. As I waited for the clouds to clear over the mountains to see if it had snowed I saw snow so low I thought it was just really low lying clouds. As the clouds cleared completely, the mountains were covered in snow. It was so beautiful. I felt for a few hours like I was back in Utah.

The rest of the pics are from our snow trip today...

This was after Carson and I fell on the sled -
We have lift off, thanks Hayden -

5 comments:

Nicki said...

I CAN'T believe it snowed in sunny San Diego! But it looks like you all made the best of it and had a great time!

Katie said...

What... all that snow there? How cool! I cant believe it! Looks like that was so much fun... Remember the first time it snowed at ricks and we went out in our pj's in the middle of the night! HA!

Katie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenn said...

I can't get over what a blondie Carson is!!! What a cutie. Looks like you guys had a great time. Now that we live in Oregon, we miss snow during the winter!

Unknown said...

I love the pic of the snowy mountains through the palm trees. That's how it should be... If you want snow, you need to come up here. We've still got about a foot of it on our lawn. :(

I saw that you were reading the Dave Ramsey Book. It is SO GOOD! We are on track and will be debt free (cars, student loans, everything) by spring of next year. It feels so good! Seriously...awesome book. We recommend it to everyone. It's so exciting to finally have a plan and realize that you really can be set for retirement and be debt free. He makes it so simple. Not necissarily easy, but simple.