26 February, 2008

Yummy Quick Dinner Idea

This is a great recipe we had last night. I think Jared's food was gone by the time I finished dishing out the boys. It was yummy, quick, cheap and easy. The hardest part is remembering to prepare it in advance. Most of the ingredients are items you most likely have in the cupboard or fridge as well. So if you would like, give it a try. I found it last week on a crock pot recipe website. I love my crock pot lately. Here it is...

Crock Pot Chicken Stroganoff
4-5 Boneless Chicken Breasts
1 (12 0z) container Sour Cream
1 can Cream of Mushroom
1 pkg. dry onion soup mix

Place chicken in crock pot. Mix together remaining ingredients and pour over chicken. Cook on Low for 4-6 hours or until chicken is tender -I cooked mine on high 3 hours and low the last hour. Then I turned off my crock pot and while it cooled down, the sauce thickened. I also shredded the chicken in the crock pot and let it sit about 15 min. Serve over cooked noodles (we used egg noodles) or rice. Yummy!!!

5 comments:

Shel said...

Yummy, I almost made it tonight...maybe tomorrow night...sounds good! I LOVE good recipes!!

Ok...I am apologizing in advance Michelle....but you've been tagged - go look at my blog to see what you need to do :-)

Texas Blad's said...

hey, we tried this and it was a hit with the whole family, thanks!

Jenn said...

Sounds yummy! We will try it tomorrow.

What website did you get this from? I always love new ideas!!!

Unknown said...

Yum! Jacob loves strogonoff so I will totally have to try this one!

Shel said...

I finally made this and we loved it! Even Parker did..which you have to understand is HUGE...HUGE Michelle. I made noodles, but did do seperate rice for him, thinking he wouldnt try it of on noodles...but he loved it, so thanks for the recipe....keep em coming! I am out of everything right now and everything I planned on making for dinner tonight required cheese....which I am out of...we go through sooo much and sooo fast....so I made the "For the Crowd Casserole" in the cookbook, and it was pretty tasty...I have to say. You probably have everything on hand that it calls for...except I used 2 cans of cream of chicken instead of what it called for...try it one night...not too bad.