09 April, 2008

All or Nothing

I have pretty much decided it is all or nothing with me and blog postings. I can go two weeks without writing anything, then all of a sudden I write several days in a row. Sorry for the bombardment, but I wanted to post these two items, mostly for myself.
The first, I thought it was so cute today, we take a daily stroll in the late afternoon up to the mail box then usually stay outside and play until daddy gets home. When daddy gets changed, I go inside to make dinner (if it isn't already going) while Jared stays outside, Hayden generally rides
his bike and Carson kicks around the soccer ball. Well, today we were walking down from the mailbox and I noticed Carson had discovered his pockets and I wished I had my camera at that very moment because it was so cute to see him walking beside me, one hand holding mine and the other stuffed in his little shorts pocket. It made me think about how big he is getting, and we all know what that means...just kidding I still need a few more years, between Carson and number 3. I tried to have him re-pose, but he and cameras don't go so well. He is always wanting to see himself on the camera and has a hard time staying still so I can take one, but here he is.This is Hayden, the bug man. He is so tender and sweet when it comes to animals, but this is all very recent. A few weeks ago we were getting in the car to go to my moms and he found a fly, you know how fly's on their way out of this world, they stop flying and just kind of walk around and slow way down. Well, that is what this guy did and Hayden was so happy that this fly just sat on his hand and he even put him in the car to bring to Grammy's, although we lost him somewhere on the way over...somehow...hmmm...anyways, ever since then he has freed a mouse we caught in our house so the mouse could go back to live with it's family, problem is the mouse came back inside and ended up dying in our closet. He brought in a snail yesterday and told me how much the snail loved him bc he was laying his head on Hayden's hand. Sometimes he gets bee's in his room, I think through the skylight and Hayden makes sure I am so gentle with them. Today I put a bee back outside and as I was putting him out a gust of wind blew him back in and the bee landed in the windowsill, and I quickly shut the window, well Hayden literally freaked out thinking I had squished the bee. Mr. Wormy is his newest friend. He was very concerned that Mr. Wormy had a red vain and looked like he was bleeding. Hayden is already asking for a snake. We saw a fish that looks like a snake at Wal-Mart yesterday, my vote is definitely the fish snake. I am not sure me and a real snake could live under the same roof. The next picture is just Hayden being the silly kid he is.


P.S. I can't figure out how to rotate the picture, so sorry.

1 comment:

Shel said...

These are too cute...and I am up way too late looking! I think I ruined Carter for bugsm as I am always saying "YUCK!" dragging out the CK part in the back of my throat for at least 5 seconds...so he now thinks he also hates bugs and wants to run from them like me!! :) I love the pockets!! He reminds me of Bryce sometimes! These are fun posts....can't believe the mouse died in your closet...not fun! :) Lucky you!