11 May, 2008

Blessings

Happy Mothers Day to any woman reading this who influences the world for good, but hasn't necessarily born a child. I have been blessed by so many "mothers" in my own life. My children have three of the best aunts one could ever ask for, who are like mothers to my children. I am so thankful for their influences on my boys.
Last night I had the
privilege of hearing Carson scream at about 10:00 p.m.. I grabbed him a drink of water then headed upstairs for a moment I hope I will never forget. I picked him up and gave him a drink, then he just lay on my chest with his beloved blanky and I just rocked him, staring at him. I had so many impressions and emotions as I sat there holding this beautiful child. I never wanted that moment to end. It was complete bliss to me. This time of year, I always feel humbled and grateful, and at times emotionally overwhelmed as I ponder on the events that occurred around Carson's birth. He will be two years old tomorrow, and two years ago at this time he was in a hospital over an hour-and-a-half away from me, while I was recovering from a C-Section in a totally different county. The only life-line I had to him was the video Jared had taken of him, that I watched over and over...and over, and the phone calls I would make to his nurses, at all hours, to get an update on his progress, since he had been taken away from me in an incubator and diagnosed with congenital pneumonia hours after birth. The day I was released from the hospital and able to be with my baby for the first time, was Mother's Day. The hospital took a photograph of us and gave all the mom's a bear as a gift from all our babyies in the NICU. Those two items represent so much to me and today I am so thankful to be a mom, and I am so thankful for the health we each enjoy.

2 comments:

Katie said...

OH, this brought tears to my eyes, thinking of what you went through. I didnt know it was Mothers Day when you got to take him home. That is so sweet. Surely, a connection you will always have with Carson. Happy Mothers Day to you too!!

niki said...

It is so crazy that our kids have such similar names and we went through a similar situation! I hope it was a good mothers day for you!