15 May, 2008

Happy Birthday Carson



Our little Carson Barson turned 2 on Monday. It was such a fun day for him. He sang Happy birthday to himself just about all day long. As family members called in to wish him HB-day, he sang with every one of them. Today, 3 days later, he was still singing it to himself. I made a monster cake for him- I was trying really hard to make a cake like my friend who is a total pro- you should check out her site, she is listed under "Our Peeps" - Jacob & Bethany. She is amazing- anyways, I felt pretty good about how it turned out, considering most of my birthday cakes fall apart. All day long, the boys asked to see the Monster Cake. A miracle occurred that day as well, the cake made it through a 12 hour period without a single finger poking, although it did get a fishy cracker stuck into it's side. Batman even came to the party. It was awesome.

5 comments:

Tara said...

So fun. I love birthdays! I attempted to make Carter a cool cake once. It didn't go over too well. He liked it though it looked NOTHING like the picture. :) I didn't realize that Carson had problems when he was first born. I am so glad all turned out well. I loved reading your comments about motherhood. Being a mother is such a blessing and joy!

Jenn said...

What a fun cake!!! Way to go Michelle. I look forward to my kids birthdays...I love having an excuse to decorate! You did a great job!

Anna said...

you are SUPERMOM!!!!!

Shel said...

This cake is awesome!! I am soooo impressed with you!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!! I may hire you for our next bday girlie!! Thank you for th esweet comments on my blog...I have missed emailing you lately and hope to catch up SOON!! NICE CAKE!!! You really did a DARLING job Michelle!!!

Katie said...

Happy Birthday to Carson! That cake is so cool! I bet they loved it! Your boys are growing so fast!!! They are adorable!