09 May, 2008

Strong-Willed

This is a quote to all you mommy's out there who have a strong-willed child. Jared printed off an article called,
"Making Peace with your Strong-Willed Child." Learning Expert Cynthia Ulrich Tobias offers help and hope. Interview by Carla Barnhill.
I haven't read the entire article through yet, but at breakfast I was glancing through it and saw this quote and loved it.

"These strong-willed kids are not going to let the world change them. They will change the world. That's something to admire."

I had so much peace when I read that. One of my dearest friends here, Jen often reminds me that our Heavenly Father has saved the best for last. Our children need to be strong-willed in these last days so they can overcome the temptations of the adversary. At times it is rough trying to direct kids with strong-wills, but if channeled properly, I know these kids will change the world and I am thankful to have such great kids.

3 comments:

Shel said...

Michelle, I ALWAYS love your posts! You always give me the boost I need! I have been MIA in the blogging world and havent written you lately or checked up here...I've been missing you! HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to a true BEST MOM AROUND!!

niki said...

That comment is so true! I am always looking for inspiration to help me with my boys. If you are interested an awesome book for strong children is the Ephraims child!!! It has saved my life with Carter! :-)

Anna said...

thank you for that!! I have (what feels like) the 3 most STRONG WILLED children of ALL time!!