16 June, 2008

Homeward Bound

As the 4th of July is approaching, I have thought a lot about our freedom's, especially as our country seems to be slowly deteriorating with various bills passing, such as the recent over-ruling by a panel of judges in California who decided marriage is unconstitutional as determined to be just between a man and woman. There are other recent rulings where the government has chosen to micro-manage our lives (like what we can and can't do in our cars- such as talk on the phone), and other bills being brought before the Senate. When I think about our country, I think of our forefathers and what our great country was originally founded upon. I am so grateful that I was born of goodly parents and into a free nation. I am also grateful for those giving their lives fighting for our freedoms at home and abroad.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Okay, you CAN'T post stuff like that!! It gets me everytime. Great video, btw.

Shel said...

You always have the most thought provoking things to say. I love everything you post. Thank you for the reminder of all that we have. This video made me cry. Thanks!