10 February, 2009

Meet Texas...

We have a new addition to our home. This addition is so obvious and bold we feel it is now apart of our family. We felt we needed a little splash of color to set apart our "Oyester White" walls, and since I am a big fan of Terra Cotta - not to be confused with Burnt Orange, Pumpkin, or Pink - we painted our Texas wall Terra Cotta and we love it. Although, in the morning the light reflects off Texas and turns the rest of the room looking like it is on fire it's so bright. I love the Splash...ok so this wall is way more than a splash of color...but it adds so much more. We love it.


It ties in our Living Room perfectly. So when Jared gets a job we will have a huge party/ Open House and you can all come over and meet Texas and celebrate with us. I think Hayden especially adds a nice little touch to the picture.

11 comments:

The Tomlinsons said...

I love the color!!!!

Monica said...

super cute! his face is priceless!

Nicki said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the terra cotta wall! Excellent choice! Your home gets cuter and cuter all the time.

Debbie said...

i love the splash of color!!!

is jared out of a job? i had no idea. is this recent?

miss your cute family!

Heidi Kjar said...

I love it!! And I also thinks its cute how you call it Texas:)

Heidi Kjar said...

ps. Jared will get a job soon- hang in there!!

Texas Blad's said...

very cute! I just painted the girls room, I love terra cotta! We have a lot of white right now, too!

DTanner said...

I would love to add some color to my house, but every wall connects and I wouldn't know where to stop. sigh!

Holly said...

I love that color! We just painted our living room too, with an accent wall that's a little more red than that, but similar. So cute! Hey, I'm coming down there March 17-25th, so get ready to party. I'm excited to see you and hang out!

Katie said...

How fun. It looks great Michelle! I have never been brave with color... you pulled it off beautifully. Thinking of you!

Anna said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!!