27 February, 2009

Sleep Tight

Last Sunday we got home from church and daddy went upstairs to get a change of clothes for you. This is what he found when he came back down. You conked out on the family room floor surrounded by your blankies (I guess this is what happens when church starts the same time as your nap). I just had to pick you up and hold you and the best part, you stayed asleep while I held you and even when I put you back down. You looked so peaceful! I love you!


Hayden was having quiet time a few days ago. This day his quiet time involved potato heads. He brought this one in to me and said, mom guess who this is? So I thought and thought and nothing was coming to me so finally I gave up. Hayden said, it's Jesus. Sure enough, there was the mostache and the sandals (shh - please don't tell him Hayden put him in yellow flower flip flops).

9 comments:

The Tomlinsons said...

That is a cute picture!!! Don't you hate having church the same time as naps. It kills me.

Jenn said...

Stealing cuddles is the best! It gets harder and harder as they get older. Very clever of Hayden... you must be doing something right!!!

Monica said...

Super cute! I hate how our ward starts @ 1:30!!! A few Sundays ago Tay was so tired she fell asleep in my arms during the 1st hour. She slept all the way through the end of Sunday School. I had gone into the foyer with her while she was asleep and laid her beside me on the couch..... when she woke up I picked her up and then realized she was soaking wet and so was I.... I looked back to the couch and there was a HUGE pee stain from where she was sleeping!!! NICE, HUH???? I felt horrible! So Aaron cleaned it up while I took Tay home for a bath! :)

The Poulson's said...

That is so cute, what sweet boys you have!

Holly said...

Oh my gosh, that potato head comment made me laugh out loud! That is so funny. Kids really do say the funniest things!

The Lingo Family said...

Hey Michelle- This is Angie(Kindred) and I hope you dont mind my checking out your blog. It is very cute. Your family is beautiful. I am jealous that you got to go to the melting pot, I bet ist was great!! Check out our blog too. It is kinda boring - mostly pictures.

Heidi Kjar said...

I miss you Michelle! I'm glad for blogs b/c when I miss people I can pop over and see what they are up to:)...cute pics...it looks like valentines day was fun too!

Anna said...

I have NEVER seen a Jesus Potato Head before! That is HILARIOUS!!!!

And how sweet is it when your kids fall asleep in the middle of the day or in your arms??? My kids stop taking naps at about 18 months old. I'm jealous that yours has lasted for 5 yrs. WHAT would I do with all that time??????

Cody and Sharice said...

Okay the Potatoe Head thing is Hilarious! Can I just say kids are so creative! I swear they have the best imaginations ever! That is so funny, but then again you always made me laugh so I can totally see where he gets it from!!!!!