21 January, 2008

Ecco

If you have children, and your children speak, then I am sure you have heard similar things to the story I am about to relate to you. The other night it was time to get for bed, the kids were in the bath so I decided to run up before they were done (don't freak out, they weren't left in the tub alone, Jared was in there with them), and grab their jammies. Well, I came down, the kids got out of the bath and dried off (Hayden streaked through the house like a mad man, his after bath/being naked ritual) then the jammie routine began. As soon as he saw the jammies I had picked out for him, he said "mom, I can't wear those jammies, they make me too sweatie." Well, he is his own heater, even if it has been in the thirties at night lately, I believe him when he says he isn't cold, so I said he could run upstairs and grab another pair of jammies, but to take up the ones I had brought down and to please put them away. His response to my request, "mom, you got those jammies out and it is your responsibility to put them away." Jared and I just started laughing while Hayden tried to do all he could to not laugh himself. I took his hand and we went upstairs together and found a different pair of jammies.
I hear myself in the things he says way too much though, silly kid.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute story. You are such a good mom. You are setting such a good example for them to live by.

BTW - Where did you get your page template? It's super cute! Everyone has got them but me and I can't figure out how to do it.

Shel said...

Yes I agree with your friend above. You are truly an amazing mom, or they wouldn't learn so much from you. They truly are little copies of you...your stories are always my favorites!! And your beautiful boys just KILL ME everytime I see their faces! I am in love with them!!

Ginger said...

Michelle!

I'm so happy you have a blog! I really do think of you often - you and Jared make killer kids, holy moly!! And now we can keep better tabs of eachother. Hang in there with the H-man, you're a fabulous mommy and I admire you.

-ginger

Jenn said...

That is so funny! I wish I could see your boys. They sound like they are such sweeties. They must be your kids. =)

Nicki said...

MICHELLE: YOU'VE BEEN TAGGED!

The rules are: Once you have been tagged you have to write a blog with 10 weird random things, facts, or habits about yourself. At the end, you choose 10 people to be tagged. Don't forget to leave a comment that says, "you've been tagged" on their profile and tell them to read your blog.

Texas Blad's said...

hmmm, sounds like my house where i am constantly reminded how i sound because they are always parroting back everything- that's a great story!