09 October, 2008

Well, this was supposed to be a momentous occasion that I had been looking forward to for a few weeks. I have become hooked to reading Nie Nie and she does something that I wanted to start in our family. Whenever someone has a birthday in her family, they have a balloon launch. Every member of the family writes a wish, in this case for the birthday boy and then you set your balloons free and of course the wishes come true, hehe. Well, this is how it went realistically in our home.


Boys all came home from soccer practice, saw the balloons and when I told them we were going to set them free after writing a wish for daddy- disaster struck and No's went shrieking out the doors and windows. So, we ended up writing all our birthday wishes on one balloon. When it came time to set it free, you can see in the picture I didn't even get the let go because it turned into, "1,2," balloon is let go and no one was even paying attention because daddy quickly said, "Carson off daddies newly re-seeded grass." So, here is the picture to document our first balloon launch.



Happy Birthday Sweetheart!

2 comments:

The Himmer Family said...

hahaha... thats too funny! I too am hooked on reading Nie Nie, what a sad, sad thing to happen to that family!

Katie said...

What a cute tradition... I love that! Happy Birthday to Jared!