10 August, 2008

Sedona, AZ

Well, we just got back from a wonderful week with Jared's family in Sedona, AZ and are off again tomorrow for a week in Newport Beach with my family. Sedona was absolutely gorgeous. I couldn't believe the scenery. It was absolutely incredible. The mountains and rock formations were in-describable. The first day we were there, we went on a Hummer-Jeep tour. It was crazy. Our tour guide Gary didn't want us to miss out on any part of the adventure and took us over large rocks, put the hummer on two wheels, let us taste a Prickly Pear, and sped down dirt paths. It was a blast. We also visited many of the local Indian ruins, Slide Rock, did lots of swimming, went to the beautiful hillside town of Jerome, and a castle, darn-it I can't recall the name at the moment, we ended the vacation by attending the Mesa temple Saturday. Jared's sister just returned from her mission in Houston, Tx, so the time spent with her was wonderful as well. The boys loved being able to spend time with their aunts and uncles, Hayden especially loved meeting his newest aunt, Rochelle. He was fascinated by her feet/ toes and just about everything about her in general. He didn't quite know how to leave her alone. Thankfully she is very sweet and just rolled with him.
Here are some pictures.

3 comments:

niki said...

So crazy to know you drove right by my house!!! I am glad you had a great time!!! It is beautiful in Sedona! Have fun on your next trip.

Tara said...

Michelle,
It is so fun to see all of the fun you have had this summer! Your house is looking great. I am impressed with you curtains! I wouldn't be able to sew something like that! :) Hope things are going well! I finally updated our blog so check it out!

Heidi Kjar said...

Fun pics Michelle! I'm glad you are taking some fun trips- Newport Beach will be way fun I bet. You'll have to post those pics too-
ahhh the beach, there's nothing like the Cali beach!