04 August, 2008

My Newest Addition and Creation


So, sometimes I get these crazy ideas and visions in my head of how I want things to look and finding just the perfect fabric. I made these this weekend and love them. They go so well with the colors we want to have in our home, if you blow up the picture you can see I am not quite finished yet. I have to get some more pieces for the rod. I also special ordered more fabric to make curtains for the Living Room and already have some picked out to put in the Dining Room as well. My next two projects will be making our ottoman and the LR curtains, whenever the fabrics come in for those two items. We are loving being home owners and customizing things.
We also had a little mover and shaker this last week, I believe it was a 5.4 earth-shake as my kids call them. We didn't think we had any damage, but a few days ago our sliding glass doors double pane shattered, we think the homes foundation shifter ever so slightly and put forced stress on the glass causing it to shatter. What a bummer. We are hoping our home warranty will cover the fix. We shall see.
Hayden gave the scripture in primary yesterday and did such a fabulous job. I should have taken a picture of him. He looked so handsome in his suit, tie, and Jared's missionary tag on.
Well, have a wonderful week. We are off to Sedona Arizona then Newport Beach for some much needed R and R.

6 comments:

DTanner said...

Can you send me some of those too? They would match my master bedroom perfectly. ;) LOL

The Tomlinsons said...

Wow, I had no idea you sewed! I am so impressed! It looks great. Do your boys get scared during earthquakes? I am terrified of them, and am nervous about that aspect of living in California! Rob says you get used to them, but I don't know....

Katie said...

Great Job Michelle... they look beautiful! How fun to start customizing your home, I cant wait to see it someday!!

Nicki said...

Love the new addition to your beeeautiful home! Seriously, you did such a phenomenal job! Can you teach me how to do that one day?! It was so fun to visit with you while I was in Cali (earthquake and all) and I look forward to more visits once we're local!

Anna said...

YOu are so talented!! THey look so great! Way to go girl!

Shel said...

Michelle, where are you getting this FABULOUS, BEAUTIFUL fabric?? I love it...I need it!!