14 September, 2008

Ode to Jar

So, yesterday I had an ALL-DAY scrapbooking event with my good friend Rachel down in San Diego. It was such a blast. I have to plan these retreats so that I can actually set time aside to scrapbook without a whole lot of distraction. It is so great. Well, apparently I need to go away a little bit more often because the boys all do so well without me. Jared was so incredibly productive he made me feel a little bit guilty. He told me everything he did on Saturday, took Hayden to his soccer game, folded all the clean clothes (which by the way were several loads that had been piling up on our bedroom floor), including washing a new load of whites, and put the clothes by the kids doors, vacuumed the downstairs, painted two coats of paint on our kitchen chairs, mowed the grass, showered the kids, cleaned the kitchen, mopped the floor, and had playtime outside with the kids in the cul-de-sac. He even ventured out with the kids and treated them to dinner because they had such a great day. I was so impressed. The kids woke up so happy today. I told him he was hired and I was leaving next Saturday. Anyone have any ideas of someplace to go??? hehe. What a great guy.

4 comments:

Jenn said...

Isn't it great being able to trust your husband with the kids!!! It sounds like Jared is a great daddy, and that you had a relaxing day. Everyone wins!

Rachel said...

He did a great job from what I could see and had a great attitude as well. I thought it was so sweet how supportive he was of you being gone all day and how much fun he was having with your cute boys!

The Tomlinsons said...

Wow, that was a busy day.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Babe! We did have a great time -- but missed our mommy!